RWC E-Live CME Series 2021
In this webinar series, experts will focus on major advances in the treatment of retinal diseases, including the optimal use of existing therapies based on clinical evidence. Innovative approaches looking at combination therapies, molecules with novel mechanisms of action, sustained delivery systems, and the use of gene and cell-based therapies will be discussed. Advances in the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of common and rare retinal diseases will be presented within the context of the therapies being investigated to treat them. Six webinars focusing on specific aspects of retinal diseases are proposed. Topics will include the management of diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema; non-neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD); neovascular AMD; retinal vein occlusion; retinal gene therapy; and macular dystrophy.
CME Series Learning Objectives
- Describe how clinical trial results differentiate treatments based on functional, anatomic, and visual outcomes
- Sequence and combine therapies appropriately based on response to anti-VEGF and other patient-specific factors
- Evaluate innovative therapies and delivery systems based on their ability to improve durability and maintain visual outcomes
- Use imaging to diagnose patients with dry AMD and differentiate GA from other forms of AMD
- Identify patients who would be suitable candidates for gene-replacement therapy
Retina specialists, comprehensive ophthalmologists, retina fellows and residents, and healthcare providers who are interested in applying the most recent advancements in the retinal medicine field, including emerging techniques for imaging and treatments for retinal and vitreoretinal diseases.
CE credit provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare. This activity is jointly-provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and iVista Medical Education, Inc.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and iVista Medical Education, Inc. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is supported by an independent medical education grant from Alcon Vision, LLC, Novartis, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, and RegenexBio.
Upcoming CME Sessions
• Sunday, April 12, 2022 (CME)
• Sunday, June 27, 2022 (CME)
• Sunday, August 28, 2022 (CME)
• Sunday, October 30, 2022 (CME)